Dandruff is a common problem for most people. It is a most irritating and socially awkward problem, which is difficult to get rid of. Dandruff treatment is not that hard. You can do it yourself. It just requires patience and regular care of your hair and scalp. Follow these steps to get rid of dandruff fast and permanently.
1. Wash hair every day. If your hair is exposed to dust, then use a good shampoo. Wash your hair thoroughly after shampooing. Use anti-dandruff shampoo according to your hair type.
2. Dry your hair after the bath as soon as possible. Do not allow your hair to remain wet for a long time. Leaving the scalp wet for a long time will increase the growth of dandruff.
3. Avoid using combs of others. Dandruff is highly contagious. So clean your comb, brush, towel every day and avoid using combs used by other people.
4. Hot oil massage can be very effective in getting rid of dandruff (except for people with oily scalp). At night apply hot olive oil into the scalp and massage mildly. Keep a towel in hot water and apply it to your hair. After 15 minutes, use shampoo.
5. Use conditioner. To keep the moisture of your hair, you should use a good conditioner. Dandruff increases when your scalp is dry. So use conditioner once a week.
If the above doesn’t help, you may try any of the following herbal methods to get rid of dandruff. And then adopt one or several that suits you the best.
Herbal methods to get rid of dandruff
1. Apply honey and mayonnaise to your hair. Wash hair after 30 minutes.
2. Mix coconut oil with lemon juice and apply the mixture on hair. You may also apply eggs in your hair.
3. Apply crushed sesame seed paste to hair. Keep it on for at least half an hour before washing.
4. Apply Multani Mitti for 10 minutes. Boil beets in water and massage mixture over the scalp every night for an instant cure.
5. Apply neem juice on hair and wash with shampoo.
6. Mix fenugreek paste, onion juice, lemon juice, tart yogurt and apply to your hair. Keep it for 30-40 minutes and then wash with shampoo.
7. Mix vinegar and water and apply it in your hair. It will make your hair shiny.
8. Apply tart yogurt and henna paste in your hair and apply it for 35-40 minutes. Use it twice or thrice a week and get healthy and dandruff-free hair.
9. Mix onion juice and fenugreek paste together and apply it in your hair.
10. Make a paste of tulsi leaves and amla powder mixed with water. Massage this paste on the scalp and let it remain for half an hour or more. Wash the hair with water.
Apply the above techniques to get rid of dandruff fast and permanently. Regular care of your hair and scalp will also improve your overall hair quality including fixing split ends problem of your hair.